- $75/Hour or prepay $280 for four lessons.
- $40/30 min (Shorter 30 min lessons for kids 12 and under) or prepay $150 for four 30-minute lessons.
David W. Hansen – musician, bandleader, composer, writer/(BMI)
- Book a 60 minute drum lesson (click here)
- Kids: Book a 30 minute drum lesson (12 and under only)
- book using the link above for a 60 minute lesson and add a note that it is for a 30 minute lesson.
...or call (504) 427-2008 to schedule a lesson.
ACCOLADE • David W. Hansen began formal study on snare drum and drum-set at age eight in his hometown; Abbotsford, BC, Canada. At age fourteen he began teaching drum students (Guidone Music Studios on S. Fraser Way) and at age fifteen began performing professionally (band: Duster, with fellow music teachers from Guidone Music Studios). He has two degrees in music and since age fifteen to present Hansen has continuously performed and worked in the music industry.
Musician, Composer, Bandleader
- Hansen(born and raised in B.C. Canada) has lived in New Orleans for over 28 years. He introduced his original compositions on the February 2019 release “Garden District Trio; Upward.” This new album includes a collaboration of extremely talented New Orleans musicians. Hansen knows his new original music has listeners hearing and feeling something unique. Clifford Brown Jr. says: “Nice Project, Well Done!” Hansen’s “Garden District Band Hot Groove-7” has performed many times at the French Quarter Festival in New Orleans with his all-star band that has included Brian Murray, Cyrus Nabipoor on trumpet, Clarence Johnson III (sax/vocals), Michael Pierce, Ray Moore on sax, Matt Johnson, Pete Roze on guitar, Jordan Baker, Leslie Martin, John Mahoney, Larry Sieberth, Tom Hook, Eduardo Tozzatto, Jeff Lashway on piano, Brian Quezergue, Ed Wise, Chris Sharkey, Peter Harris on bass, Michaela Harrison on vocals, and David on drums along with thirty-plus other musicians on previous performances. Hansen’s original compositions include nuances of classic standards, New Orleans traditional jazz, bebop, Latin/Jazz to funky New Orleans street beat or second line songs in a very creative and highly improvised setting.
After completing a jazz diploma from Malaspina College/VIU (Nanaimo) and a Music degree from UNT (Denton) in jazz performance, Hansen hit the road performing in North Africa and Los Angeles before settling in 1990’s New Orleans. In ’94 Hansen started his own music company. Hansen’s current focus is on his own groups and writing new music. His own groups include a modern-contemporary jazz to Latin-jazz and funk ensemble (GardenDistrictBand.com) along with a typical funky street Brass Band (NewOrleansSpice.com). His own bands have recorded over eleven albums on Hansen’s DHMP Records-Label. Hansen, a BMI artist, writes original compositions with words and music. His band performs these original songs nightly on a seven night a week steady performance he’s contracted in New Orleans since 2006 at Houston’s Restaurant on St. Charles Ave.
Completely NOLA influenced and musically infused from performing with the Onward Brass Band, the ODJB, Al Hirt, and a list of talented New Orleans musicians, you can see and hear these influences in his performances and original compositions.